Life is not meant to be lived alone. In fact, God detests loneliness. You were created to experience life with other people, and that’s why at Oak Ridge, we believe that people grow better in circles than they do in rows. Therefore, we encourage everyone to get into a Small Group.
A Small Group is simply an intentional gathering of three or more people who meet regularly in homes for the purpose of joining God’s mission. Small Groups exist to build caring relationships and help people understand the Bible in a way that applies to everyday life.
Groups come in all shapes and sizes — married couples, singles, men, women, kids, no kids, workplace, college, empty nesters — the list goes on. No matter where you are in life, there’s a group for you!
What are people saying about Small Groups:
- Our SG has experienced a domino effect of members inviting others who have fully joined our group and ORBC. This happened not because of us but because of our members reaching out!
- We added a new member to our group this year that had quit attending our weekend services. Since adding her to our group she has been a regular ever week and she and her husband have started attending on Sunday again.
- It's great investing in the lives of one another!
- Easy to hold each other accountable in our journey, several small group members have started serving this fall!
- I love the camaraderie of the group. We support each other in our journey and being able to care for one another through life events, all while growing our faith.
- This group of women is a tremendous support for me. We each come with our own backgrounds and are all willing to share our struggles, knowledge and vulnerabilities with each other.
- I appreciate the closeness of the group. The kindness, caring and genuine interest shown to one another, resulted in us instantly feeling welcomed in their home.
- We comfort one another, learn and laugh!
- I like how the curriculum for our small group coincides with the teaching on Sundays.
- The group I'm in ranges from 22 - 60 years old, single, married, divorced, kids, no kids, whatever... and it is such an awesome group!!
- I'm fairly new at this but I love it and wouldn't change a thing!
- This is going to sound crazy, but our best discussions come when we are not in the curriculum. Instead of filling in the blanks, the conversations are more organic.
- I have been part of the same small group since I began attending Oak Ridge 10 years ago. For me, it is just right and a natural part of life.
Watch this short video on “how to find a group”, then click on the button below to choose one.